Monday, October 18, 2010

Changing Education...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U&feature=youtu.be

This was a very interesting video that I got from Pam. There are so many things that I agree with in here. One being that kids should not be grouped by age. I have felt that as a teacher, however, I feel very strongly about it as a parent. When my son started school, he wasn't always up to "grade level" standards. However, he eventually got it. His light bulb eventually turned on. I wasn't worried about it because I had confidence that it would come. Everyone's light bulb just turns on at different times, so why do we say that a 5 year old should be able to do certain skills when every person learns at a different pace? It makes some feel inadequate, while holding others back from extended learning... When will we embrace some of these ideas and begin to see some change?

No comments:

Transformation

In the past 9 months, my school has been fortunate enough to gain access to many different tools and opportunities including  Sphero balls, ...